Using a bot to help manage and automate your communications is a no-brainer. Here is an additional member of staff who can be trained to perform to the highest standards that will never get overwhelmed by the work and will never tire or get sick.
To get started, we need to first create a bot.
Begin by logging in to GeckoChat and clicking the Bots tab on the top nav-bar. From there click Create a Bot > Create a new Bot.
From here, we've given a number of system settings to play with:
- Name: allows you to name your bot. This name will be visible to the public.
- Avatar: the picture students will see when your bot replies. We recommend uploading a .png or .jpg.
- Only trigger on these channels: pick which channel(s) you'd like your GeckoBot to be active on. The GeckoBot can pick up any incoming conversation on Live-chat, SMS, Facebook, Twitter or WeChat channels.
- Assign Failed Conversation to: pick the agent(s) you'd like to assign any failed conversations to. If a student requests to speak to a human, the GeckoBot will automatically hand the conversation over.
- Only trigger when these Agents are not available: choose which agent(s) need to be offline in order for the bot to trigger. This field is mandatory; so if you want the bot to be active at all times, be sure to leave this blank!
- Intro Message: outline the message you'd like your GeckoBot to send upon a student initiating a conversation. We recommend making it clear in the first message that the student is speaking with a bot. This helps to set student expectations as to how the conversation will play out:
In addition to creating a brand new GeckoBot, did you know that you can also clone existing bots? Click here for more information.
Any questions? Feel free to start a live chat with a member of our support team or explore the rest of our academy at your leisure.