GeckoCapture allows you to build complex forms that are easy to use by your prospective students but do much more behind the scenes.
To create your form and start collecting responses:
- Login to your Gecko account.
- Select the Forms section and pick New Form.
- Add the fields of information that you would like to capture. You can find out more about the difference between Contact fields and Form fields here.
- Save your form.
- (Optional) Customise your form settings - find out more here.
- Navigate to the Share tab and start using your form. Find out more about sharing/using forms here.
Keep in mind that in order to create a contact in Gecko you would need to capture a name and email address for the contact by adding the Full Name and the Email contact fields from the right-hand side menu into your form.
- You can find out more about the difference between contact fields and from fields here, as well as how to create new contact fields for your Gecko account.
Most fields have similar field settings that allow you to specify their name, help text and other settings.
- Label - allows you to set the preferred name to be displayed for this field.
- Helptext - allows you to add a few links of text underneath the name of each field that may provide further information to the person filling out the form.
- Placeholder text - allows you to add greyed out text that can further help the person filling out the form understand what the required information is.
- Template Tag - allows you to change the default template tag that you can later use in your email templates. By default, the template tags for your fields will appear as field + a set of numbers (e.g. field123), but you are able to change these to something more meaningful e.g. subject_area.
- Contact Field - allows you to select whether or not you would like the information collected by this field to then be sent to another contact field. For example, you are able to have a field called 'What is your preferred year of entry?' and link it to a contact field called 'Year of Entry' that is not necessarily seen by prospective students.
- Minimum/Maximum Length - allows you to specify the character length of each field.
- Required - allows you to set a field as required to be able to complete the form.
- Hidden - allows you to set a field as hidden. Learn more about hidden fields here.
Form Field Types
- Name - allows you to capture a First/Last Name.
- Email - allows you to capture an email address and will always require a valid email address format (firstname.lastname@example.org) and can be set to Validate emails, which will create a second email field to be filled out by the user.
- Telephone - allows you to collect a telephone number, as well as a country code that would depend on the location of your device.
- Text (Single/Multiple lines) - allows you to collect single or multiple lines of information from a prospect in any format.
- Dropdown (Single/Multiple Choice) - allows you to create a dropdown list for prospects to choose from. Once you add this type of field and select it, you will have an Options tab to input your options for the list or use a field option list (learn more here).
- Radio Choice - similar to above, allows you to create a list of options for prospects to choose from through the Options tab. This field can also be used with a field list option.
- Checkbox - allows you create a list of options for prospects to choose from. This field can also be used with a field list option.
- Date - allows you to add a date field, with the ability to set the earliest and the latest date that can be picked within the settings of the field.
- Number - allows you to collect a number.
- Address - allows you to collect an address that includes: Street, Address Line 2, City, State/Province/County, Postal/Zip code and Country. Note: you are able to overwrite the list of country with your own within the Field settings of this field.
- Hidden - allows you to add a hidden field that contains prefilled information.
- Event - allows you to add an event field, learn more about event fields here.
- Form Section - allows you to add a new section/heading to your form, as well as help text in order to split your form into different sections.
- Text Block - allows you to add a block of text to provide information - web only.
- Media - allows you to upload images/videos from a mobile device.
- File upload - allows you to upload images/videos from a desktop (web form).
- Repeatable/Matrix field - this field type allows you to create a repeatable/matrix field that applicants can fill out with a number of different qualifications/options.
Any questions? Feel free to start a live chat with a member of our support team or explore the rest of our academy at your leisure.