GeckoChat allows you to create and use a Live Chat widget (bubble) on your webpage. This means that visitors are able to instantly contact your agents from one or more web pages.
- Navigate to the Settings tab in GeckoChat.
- Select Channels and Add New.
- Pick Add New Channel for the Live Chat widget.
This will make a Channel Details window show up, allowing you to configure your Live Chat. (Note: you are able to make changes to this after saving.)
- Give your channel a Channel Title.
- Select a Widget Colour.
- (Optional) Upload a Widget Header Logo.
- (Optional) Select whether or not you would like the default widget design or a custom one, allowing you to upload open/close animations.
- (Optional) Add a Chat Introductory message, shown to users that open your widget.
- (Optional) Select the Unavailability Options. You can choose to either Show an unavailable message (e.g. There are no agents currently available, please send an email to this address) or completely Hide the Widget.
- (Optional) Choose which users or teams need to be Available for this chat to be Available.
- (Optional) Create a Pre-Chat Form. This allows you to pick from the list of available fields in order to create a form, which would need to be filled out by users prior to getting in touch (e.g. name, email address).
- Select Save.
Once you have completed these options and saved, the Channel Details window will show an Embed Code at the top of the page.
- Copy this Embed Code and paste it into the HTML of your page.
- Done! You can start using your Live Chat Channel.
- Depending on your 'Unavailability settings' the widget will be hidden or show an unavailable message when no agents are online in your GeckoChat system.
- Unlimited Live Chat channels - you are able to create and use an unlimited number of live chat channels.
- Unlimited page embedding - you can embed the same or different live chat widget on as many web pages as you please (e.g. having the live chat widget on every page of your website).
Any questions? Feel free to start a live chat with a member of our support team or explore the rest of our academy at your leisure.