Key to getting the most out of GeckoVisit is understanding the range of statuses available for you to use in your event lifecycle.
The way events have been designed, we assume each event will be run using the following cycle (running from lowest priority to highest):
- Invited - An invitation to the event has been extended to the student.
- Waitlisted - To be used with the Waitlisted function only.
- Registered - An invitation has been accepted and a place at the event booked.
- Attended - The student has attended your event.
- Engaged - The student has attended your event and has been spoken to by a member of staff.
- Cancelled - The student has cancelled their own booking.
- Removed - The student has been removed from the event by a member of staff.
Though you may choose to define statuses differently, it's important to note that within Gecko the above are the intended purposes and priority of statuses is given accordingly.
Let's illustrate this with an example:
If you run a form workflow to assign the Registered status to all attendees who currently have the Attended status, this would not work (as Attended is more advanced than Registered). Conversely, if you were to have a workflow to change Attended to Engaged this would work (as Engaged trumps Attended).
It's useful to note that only workflows are affected by this one-way event status flow. Manual changes can be made to and from any status at will.
Any questions? Feel free to start a live chat with a member of our support team or explore the rest of our academy at your leisure.