The Activity Log is one of the most powerful account management tools within Gecko. Though it was introduced to coincide with the launch of GeckoProtect, we are pleased to announce that this feature is available to all.
Contained on one easy to follow screen is a record of every action ever undertaken in Gecko. These records cannot be modified or deleted. It represents a fantastic solution to ensure both GDPR compliance and provide you with an impeccable audit trail should actions need to be tracked.
To find your activity log, head to Settings > Data Security Preferences and click the Activity Log tab.
Let's run through the options found at the top of the Activity Log table:
- User: A breakdown of which Gecko account holder has enacted the logged action.
- Type: A snapshot of what has occurred. Types of action include; form, contact, response, user, import, template, report, campaign, file, export & event.
- Action: Allows you to understand what has taken place. Actions include; update, delete, create, view, error, export and CRM specific actions.
- Message: Displays the confirmation message/token displayed to the User when the Action was completed.
- Date: The date/time the logged action occurred. Note: displayed date/time format is region specific.
- Actions: For ease of use, certain logged actions will allow Gecko to provide you with a link to the relevant location. i.e. if the Type and Action are 'form' and 'update', Actions will provide a link to the form.
Depending on the size of your account, there may be tens, hundreds of thousands or even millions of logged actions. To assist with finding specific information for auditing purposes, we've nested a power set of Filters within the Activity Log that enables you to quickly find the information you need. You're able to search by dates, Users, Actions and Types to ensure that you're only seeing the logs that are relevant to your requirements.
Once again, it's important to note that no information can be edited or removed from the Activity Log.
Any questions? Feel free to start a live chat with a member of our support team or explore the rest of our academy at your leisure.