This guide will take you through the brief steps required to both create and modify Consent Reasons within Gecko.
Head to Settings > Data Security Preferences > Consent Reasons.
By default, your view should look like this:
Clicking the blue 'cog' icon on the right, enables you to edit these existing options.
Types of consent within Gecko
You can create an unlimited amount of custom consent reasons to display across Gecko. Here's a breakdown of the four types of consent and what each controls:
- Email - grants permission for a contact to receive emails either directly, from workflows or broadcasts.
- Call - grants permission for a contact to receive calls. To be used in conjunction with GeckoTalk.
- SMS - grants permission for a contact to receive SMS' from workflows, directly or broadcasts.
- General - grants permission to Email, Call and SMS. (note: there are no General consent reasons created by default.)
Creating consent reasons
Ensuring you're on the Consent Reasons page, navigate to the top-right corner and click + New Reason:
- Name: The name given to this consent reason across Gecko.
- Group: The permission this consent reason will grant. The four categories are; Call, Email, SMS and General.
- Description: A text-box to describe what this consent reason will be used for. This will be viewable if using the Consent Field or Contact Portal.
- Export Given Value: If an export is run that contains consent data (i.e. a contact export), this defines the display value for contacts who do have this consent permission granted. (e.g. True)
- Export No Given Value: If an export is run that contains consent data (i.e. a contact export), this defines the display value for contacts who do not have this consent permission granted. (e.g. False)
Popular use cases for creating consent reasons include creating specific campaign-related reasons - for instance, a student may be happy receiving important information from you via email, but may not be interested in receiving marketing emails from you.
For assistance with learning how to put these consent reasons in action and collecting consent, click here.
Any questions? Feel free to start a live chat with a member of our support team or explore the rest of our academy at your leisure.