This article covers integrating GeckoEngage with Microsoft Dynamics 365. Looking to integrate Dynamics 365 with GeckoChat? Click here.
- Obtain your Dynamics instance URL.
- This is the URL you visit in order to login to your Dynamics instance and is usually in this format: https://mycompany.crm123.dynamics.com (This is your Dynamics instance URL).
2. Register GeckoEngage as an authorised app for your Dynamics account.
- Go to https://portal.azure.com.
- Log in with your Dynamics credentials.
- Select Azure Active Directory from the left-hand menu bar (this will make the directory 'blade' appear).
- Select App Registrations from the blade's column of options.
- Select + New registration.
- Fill out the form that will appear with the 'Name' = 'GeckoEngage', then click the 'Register' button
- You will then be presented with the GeckoEngage registered app window. Make sure to make a note of your Application (client) ID (This is your App ID).
- Click on the 'Add a Redirect URI' link
- Add the below URLs in the list of Redirect URIs:
AND ONE OF THE BELOW (depending on your region):
- EU-based users - https://api-eu.geckoform.com/integrations/engage-dynamics/callback
- US-based users- https://api-useast1.geckoform.com/integrations/engage-dynamics/callback
- Select Save.
- Select API Permissions from the same menu and click +Add a Permission on the new 'blade' that appears.
- This will open a new section to the right, select Select an API and then pick Dynamics CRM from the options that appear.
- From the new section that appears, click on the checkbox for 'user_impersonation' and then click on the 'Add permissions' button
- Now select 'Certificates and secrets'. From the new section that appears, click on the '+ New client secret' button
- Create a new Client secret by entering 'GeckoEngageKey' in the 'Description' field and select the 'Never' option in the 'Expires' section.
- Click the Add button and you should see the secret 'Value' - a string of random numbers and characters - as shown. Make sure you make a note of this (this is your Password Key).
3. Setup the integration in GeckoEngage.
First, a quick check-list. Make sure you have the following available to you before proceeding:
- Dynamics Instance URL.
- App ID.
- Password Key.
Once you have these details head back to Gecko:
- Login to GeckoEngage.
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations > +New Integration
- Set the integration type to Dynamics and fill in the details you've collected from Dynamics.
- Click Connect with Dynamics.
- You will be redirected to an Azure Dynamics page to grant permission to GeckoForms, select Accept.
You'll now be redirected back to the Integrations page of Gecko. After a few seconds you will be redirected again to a page for your new Dynamics 365 integration. All that's left for you to do is to map out your new integration.
Any questions? Feel free to start a live chat with a member of our support team or explore the rest of our academy at your leisure.