There's a multitude of ways to create events in Gecko and we're happy to include .CSV imports among them.
To get started, head to Settings > Import Data and click + New Import in the top-right corner.
You'll then be asked the type of import you'd like to run. Choose File Import and then hit OK.
Give your import a Title, to identify it on the system. Pick whether you'd like this to be a One-off import or Recurring Import and then choose Events as the Import Type. Lastly, upload your .CSV file in the Import File section and click Upload .CSV in the bottom-right.
Our view now switches to allow us to map the values on your .CSV field to attributes of your event(s).
Your event import will fail without mapping the following information:
- Title - The name of your event.
- Start Date - The start date/ time of your event. Can be imported in a number of formats, including dd/mm/yy hh:mm and mm-dd-yyyy hh:mm.
- End Date - The end date/ time of your event. Can be imported in a number of formats, including dd/mm/yy hh:mm and mm-dd-yyyy hh:mm.
- Timezone - A full list of valid timezones can be found here.
- CRM Value - value to push to your CRM system.
- Cost - cost to be assigned to this event.
- Country - the host country of your event.
- Created At - to be used if you'd like your event to have been created at a time prior to the upload time (this will only be visible on a database level).
- Maximum - set the maximum number of attendees for your event.
- Parent Event ID - link your event to a parent event ID.
- Time Zone - the timezone that your event will take place in.
Once you've mapped the fields on your .CSV to the above options, hit Finish Import. If all is set up correctly, this event will now be successfully created in Gecko!
Any questions? Feel free to start a live chat with a member of our support team or explore the rest of our academy at your leisure.