The Capture app is available to download for users of any Windows device running Windows 8 or later.
This guide will run through how to install the app for new users, and how existing Windows Capture users can ensure they're running the most advanced version of our app to date.
Getting started for new users
Installing the Windows Capture app onto your device is simple:
- Click to download the Windows Capture app packaged .exe file.
- Once downloaded, click to open the file and click to Run.
- You may see a message telling you that Windows protected your PC. Click More Info before clicking Run Anyway.
- Capture will be installed and opened on your device.
- Gecko will create a desktop icon for your convenience.
Installing for existing users
Before downloading the latest version of the app, it's important that we ensure any unsynced responses are uploaded to Gecko.
- With an active internet connection, log into your existing Windows Capture app.
- Navigate to Admin > Settings and click Upload Responses.
- Head to Admin > Responses. All responses should have a green bar at the bottom of them. If you're seeing orange bars, repeat the last step or contact support.
- Log out of the Windows Capture app.
Now that we're safe from a data-loss perspective, let's upgrade!
- Hit the Windows key, or click the Windows icon in the bottom-left corner and search for Add or remove programs.
- In the Search this list field, type Gecko.
- Find the GeckoForm app, click it and then hit Uninstall.
- Now follow the steps in the Getting started for new users guide above!
Any questions? Feel free to start a live chat with a member of our support team or explore the rest of our academy at your leisure.