Sometimes it's nice to sit back, knowing that all of your affairs are taken care of. No - this isn't an advert for life insurance. This is GeckoChat. And we're talking workflows.
Post-chat workflows allow you to automate processes after your conversation is closed, granting you the ability to action many processes:
- Trigger a message to the contact
- Add a note to the contact
- Add a tag to the conversation
- Set a contact field
Throughout the course of this article, we will go through how to set these up (spoiler: it's easy) and dazzle you with potential use cases that you may wish to explore.
Begin by heading to the Workflows section and click +New Workflow in the top-right corner. From there:
Step 1: Give your workflow a name.
Step 2: Choose After the conversation is closed as the workflow type.
Step 3: Choose when the workflow should trigger. Should this happen every time, or only under specific circumstances?
Step 4: Pick which action (listed in the bullet points above) you'd like to trigger.
Step 5: Review and Set live.
Post-chat workflows can be used for a number of reasons:
- Sending a message to the student when the conversation has been marked as closed — and informing them of some possible next steps.
- Adding tags to the conversation. This can be useful for flagging which conversations were auto-closed by the bot, or closed at the weekends.
- Adding a specific field to the student's contact record — handy for triggering a sync to any 3rd-party systems you may have integrated with.
Any questions? Feel free to start a live chat with a member of our support team or explore the rest of our academy at your leisure.