When you create a form, sometimes you want to receive a copy of each response when it comes in. Or perhaps you want to send a copy of the responses to each student who filled out the form. To do this, we can use the Default Template within a workflow.
What is the Default Template?
The Default Template is an email template that sends a summary of each form response. This template will also only give you a summary of questions that were answered. For that reason, this template is not customizable and can only be used with forms. The response summary will display in an email like the example below.
To set this up:
- Navigate to your form
- select Workflows
- select Add a new workflow
- (optionally) set up a condition for your workflow
- Add an action to your workflow
- Pick email
- select the recipient (e.g. the email address submitted on the form or a specific user in the system)
- select the default email template as your template
- pick a sender
- (optionally) disable consent requirements, especially if this is an internal email
- update & save
Any questions? Feel free to start a live chat with a member of our support team or explore the rest of our academy at your leisure.