Last time out, we spoke about Answers. Now you've updated all of your bot's content so that it's dispensing all of the right information to students and visitors, we're very close to being able to go live.
This article will walk you through some optional steps that can help increase the visibility of the bot, as well as increase its usefulness for you and the team.
Begin by heading to the Workflows tab on the nav-bar at the top of the screen.
The video above outlines two of the most commonly used workflows (00:30 - 06:53) that you may want to utilise. They are:
- Using a before the conversation is started workflow to increase engagement
- Using a when the conversation is started workflow to notify students that no staff will pick up any questions outside of office hours.
Feel free to explore your options and chain together conditions and actions to find the workflow that best suits you.
After you're happy with your workflows, we'd advise navigating to Bots > Bot Settings and reviewing the information present:
- Name & Avatar - Who is your bot? What do they look like? Check out our branding article.
- Only trigger on these Channels - Which channels should your bot pick up conversations on?
- Only trigger when all these Agents are not available - Using human-to-human live-chat in addition to bot-to-human? If so, you can tell your bot to only pick up conversations when human agents/teams are marked unavailable.
- Pass to Human - If set to 'Yes', if asked, your bot will be able to pass conversations to any agents / teams in the Assign Failed Conversation to field. If set to 'No', your bot will never pass over conversations.
- Assign Failed Conversation to - Which agents/teams should pick up conversations where students have expressly asked to speak to a real person?
Looking for a full breakdown of all of the Bot settings fields? Click here.
Be sure to click Save Settings after updating any of the above fields to ensure your changes stick!