Why, when I add my event and sessions to my calendar, does it create a new calendar in outlook?
This is the intended feature/functionality by Microsoft. The way to ensure that it's added to your main calendar you can either:
- Drag and drop the downloaded event file to the calendar icon within Outlook
- Manually Import the File
- Go to “File” (i.e. the main menu).
- Click “Open & Export”.
- A new window will appear on the right-hand side. Select the “Import/Export” option located at the top.
- A pop-up window will appear with import options, select “Import an iCalendar (.ics) or vCalendar file (.vcs)”.
- Now you can search your computer for the file and select it. Confirm your selection by clicking “Open”.
- You will then be asked if you wish to open the file as a new calendar or import it into an existing calendar. By clicking “Import”, the entry will automatically be added to your main calendar.
Any questions? Feel free to start a live chat with a member of our support team or explore the rest of our academy at your leisure.