Field types allow you to create visually interested forms which collect a range of different data. Check out the short video below to gain an insight:
We offer over a dozen unique field formats for you to choose from. Each field format was developed to serve specific functions.
Below is a handy guide to the field options currently available to you within GeckoCapture:
Form Field Types
- Name - allows you to capture a first/last name.
- Email - allows you to capture an email address and will always require a valid email address format (firstname.lastname@example.org) and can be set to 'validate' emails, which will create a second email field to be filled out by the student to confirm correct entry.
- Telephone - allows you to collect a telephone number, as well as a country code that would depend on the location of your device.
- Text (Single/Multiple lines) - allows you to collect single or multiple lines of information from a prospect in any format.
- Dropdown (Single/Multiple Choice) - allows you to create a dropdown list for prospects to choose from (learn more here).
- Radio Choice - similar to above, allows you to create a list of options for prospects to choose from. This field can be used with a pre-built field option list.
- Checkbox - allows you create a list of options for prospects to choose from. This field can also be used with a field list option.
- Date - allows you to add a date field, with the ability to set the earliest and the latest date that can picked within the settings of the field.
- Number - allows you to collect a number.
- Address - allows you to collect an address that includes: Street, Address Line 2, City, State/Province/County, Postal/Zip code and Country. Contact support to discuss unlocking auto-population for this field.
- Hidden - allows you to add a hidden field that contains prefilled information.
- Event - allows you to add an event field, learn more about event fields here.
- Form Section - allows you to add a new section/heading to your form, as well as help text in order to split your form into different sections.
- Text Block - allows you to add a block of text to provide information - web only.
- Media - allows you to upload images/videos from a mobile device.
- File upload - allows you to upload images/videos from a desktop (web form).
- Repeatable/Matrix field - allows to create a repeatable/matrix field that applicants can fill out with a number of different qualifications/options.
Some fields are only available on mobile forms and others are only available on the desktop version of Gecko. Please keep this in mind when creating your forms.
The following fields are available on web forms only:
- File Upload.
- Text Block.
The following fields are available on mobile forms only:
Any questions? Feel free to start a live chat with a member of our support team or explore the rest of our academy at your leisure.