The advanced search functionality is powerful, versatile and allows you to sort and filter your contacts by almost any criteria you could think of.
Creating a saved search
Head to the Contacts page and click the Filter icon in the top-right corner. Then click Advanced Search.
Here you can add conditions to your search. Once you're happy with the parameters of your search, hit Save, give your search a Filter Name and hit Save again.
To get you up and running, we've put together a list of 7 commonly used filters we often see successful clients using:
1. In the below example, we attempt to find all of your contacts who have a phone number on record. Search for Telephone - Not Equals and leave the third field blank.
2. In the below .gif, our aim is to view all the contacts created after a specific date. In this instance we search for Contact Created - After - and finally define the date we're looking for.
3. Looking for contacts that have been added to your database through an import? It's as easy as searching for Import - Equals - and then picking the import name we're looking for. Check the below .gif for a visual guide.
4. You can search for your contacts by the labels associated with them. You can filter by multiple labels at once. The .gif below uses the search terms Label - Has All - and then select whatever labels you'd want to look for.
5. Interested in seeing who has responded to a certain form? Search for Form - Equals - form name. It's every bit as easy as the below .gif makes it look.
6. Want to see which students are registered for a certain event? In the below .gif we apply the filter Event - Equals - the name of your event to get a quick overview.
7. Don't forget that you can have multiple conditions in the same search. You can also save a search and use it in another advanced search. The example below shows how you could create an advanced search that combines two pre-saved filters.
Any questions? Feel free to start a live chat with a member of our support team or explore the rest of our academy at your leisure.