You can easily export responses as a .CSV spreadsheet, which allows you to use the data gathered through Gecko in other applications and campaigns.
Whether you want to perform analytics in Excel, save a backup of your responses for safekeeping or just want to use your contacts in a survey report - the powerful export feature is the perfect solution for your needs.
Please note that if you are using Mozilla Firefox when exporting from Gecko, your file will not be saved as a .CSV file. Either use a different browser (such as Chrome) or be ready to change the file type once exported.
- Navigate to the Settings section.
- Select Export and pick New Export
- Select the type of data as Responses.
- Pick the Form you would like to export responses from.
- Click Export.
To better help you understand the data contained on your .CSV file, we've broken down some of the headers for you:
- Response ID - The unique Gecko ID for each response.
- Contact ID - the unique Gecko ID for each contact.
- Date - The date/time this response was captured.
- Device - The device this response was captured on (only applies to mobile devices used for the Capture app.)
- Original User - The Gecko user logged into the Capture app when the response was captured.
- Assigned User - The user this response has been assigned to.
- Event - The name of the event your response was captured at.
- Event (CRM) - The name of the event on your CRM that this response was captured at.
- Referrer - Where your response came from. (Any values of app.geckoform.com/public/ infers the user has followed a form share URL to complete a form.)
- UTM - These values refer to tracking & analytics section of a form (Settings > Analytics). If blank, no tracking information has been recorded.
- Notes - Any notes that have been added to the response (Capture app only).
Note: Your export will also include the contact's responses for each field on your form.
Any questions? Feel free to start a live chat with a member of our support team or explore the rest of our academy at your leisure.