You can easily export contacts as a .CSV spreadsheet, which allows you to use the data gathered through Gecko in other applications and campaigns.
Please note that if you are using Mozilla Firefox when exporting from Gecko, your file will not be saved as a .CSV file. Either use a different browser (such as Chrome) or be ready to change the file type once exported.
- Navigate to the Settings section.
- Select Export and pick New Export
- Select the type of data as Contacts.
- Optional: Apply a custom filter to further tailor your export to your needs.
- Click Export.
To better help you understand the data contained on your .CSV file, we've broken down some of the headers for you:
- Contact ID - the unique Gecko ID for each contact.
- Full Name (First Name) - The first name of the contact on Gecko.
- Full Name (Last Name) - The last name of the contact on Gecko.
- Email Address - The email address of the contact.
- Telephone (country code) - The +XX dialling code for this contact.
- Contact Created - The date/time the contact was created on Gecko.
- Last Response - The date/time of the last response from this contact.
- Last GeckoForm Response - The date/time of the last form submission by this contact.
- Last GeckoCall Response - The date/time of the last call made to this contact through GeckoTalk.
- Last email - The date/time of the last email sent to this contact through Gecko.
- Last SMS - the date/time of the last SMS sent to this contact through Gecko.
- Field upload - The total number of uploads by this contact.
- Email - Yes/No; does this contact have permission to receive emails?
- Call - Yes/No; does this contact have permission to receive calls?
- SMS - Yes/No; does this contact have permission to receive SMS'?
- Consent: The current consent reasons the contact has granted consent to.
note: it's highly probable that you will have a lot more column headers on your export. The above are descriptions for some of the default values that will appear on every accounts' export.
Any questions? Feel free to start a live chat with a member of our support team or explore the rest of our academy at your leisure.