There are many things that could be causing the app to fail to install. Below we propose a set of actions that you should attempt before contacting the Gecko support team.
Things to check
- Check that your device is connected to the wifi by going to Settings > Wifi then check that the device is connected to a network.
- Check that you can navigate the web without any issues. Open the 'Safari' app on your device, visit www.geckolabs.co.uk and navigate around the website to check that the internet connection is functioning.
- Check that you can download other apps in the App store. Open the App store on your device, and find any free app that you could download to test the installation process on your tablet.
- Check that your device is running the latest version of the operating system by going into Settings > General > Software Update and then check if there's a newer version of iOS that you could download and install.
- Check that your device has enough storage space by going to Settings > General > About then make sure that the 'available' storage space on your device is larger than 200MB.
If you've checked the items above are in order then please attempt the following:
- Press twice the home button on the iPad to see all active apps. Slide them upwards to close them down completely.
- Press and hold the sleep button until you see a slider appear on the screen. Use the slider to shut down the device, then restart it.
- Open the Safari app on your device and visit https://installfish.com/gecko , enter your details and download the app.
If the download still does not work please attempt a forced reboot, then attempt to install the app again. For instructions on how to force restart your device please visit this link: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201559.
Any questions? Feel free to start a live chat with a member of our support team or explore the rest of our academy at your leisure.