Custom contact fields allow you to manage the different types of information that will be collected by your agents during the course of a conversation, as well as the fields of information that you would be able to see once you view a contact profile from a past conversation. These can also be used in workflows to trigger certain actions based on specific information that has been provided by prospective students.
There are a number of default fields in your account such as name, email and phone number, but you are able to add new fields to collect other pieces of information that you may find useful. Fields have a few different type options, which are further explained below.
Creating custom contact fields:
- In order to create a custom contact field, navigate to Settings > Custom Fields and select Add New.
- Give your field a Label and a unique Key (a unique name for your field in the database).
- Select the Type for your field and specify other options depending on the type of field.
- Select save and start collecting data!
- Text (Single line) - a single line of text for your agents to fill out freely during a chat.
- Text (Multiple line) - multiple lines of text for your agents to fill out.
- Email - an email field that would require a valid email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Date & Time - will allow the agent to select from a date/time picker.
- Telephone number - will require a valid telephone number.
- Number - will only accept numbers to be submitted.
- Single choice - will allow you to specify the different choices your agents will be able to choose from (e.g. Nationalities or level of study).
- Multiple choice - will allow your agents to pick one or more options from a list, similarly to single choice options.
Any questions? Feel free to start a live chat with a member of our support team or explore the rest of our academy at your leisure.