You are able to setup an email channel in your Gecko account, allowing you to send and receive emails directly from GeckoChat.
- Setup email forwarding to send any new enquiries from your website or other pages to GeckoChat for your agents to answer.
- Setup GeckoCapture workflows to forward any new responses collected from a certain form to your GeckoChat channel.
- Use the email channel to follow up on enquiries, that have come into GeckoChat from another channel (e.g. LiveChat, Facebook, Twitter or SMS), through email.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Select Channels and select Add New.
- Select Add New Channel under email.
- Fill out the following details for your email.
Title - this is simply for your own internal purposes.
Sending email address - this will be the email that will be used as a sender.
Sender name - this will appear as the sender name.
(Optional) Reply to option - you can setup a different email to receive any replies sent.
- Select Save.
- This will bring up a new screen with your channel setup.
- At the top, you will see your GeckoChat email address.
- Copy this and go into the inbox of the email you want to setup the email forwarding from.
- Setup email forwarding from the inbox to the GeckoChat email address you have copied.
This will now forward any emails that meet your email forwarding criteria from the inbox into GeckoChat.
Any questions? Feel free to start a live chat with a member of our support team or explore the rest of our academy at your leisure.