This article covers integrating GeckoChat with Microsoft Dynamics. Users looking to integrate GeckoEngage with Dynamics should click here.
Integrating GeckoChat allows you to send contact data into your Dynamics account and populate your contacts and lead module fields.
Once you have completed the setup, you are able to go into your Custom Contact fields in GeckoChat (Settings > Contact Fields) and pick the information you would like to collect before it triggers a sync. For example, you are able to create a setup whereby you would need to first collect the students' name, email, course of interest and nationality before sending any data across.
The below setup provides a set by step guide on how to setup your Dynamics integration. Once this is done - you would be able to setup your field mappings and start sending data across automatically!
- Obtain your Dynamics instance URL.
- This is the URL you visit in order to login to your Dynamics instance and is usually in this format: https://mycompany.crm123.dynamics.com (This is your Dynamics instance URL).
2. Register GeckoChat as an authorised app for your Dynamics account.
- Go to https://portal.azure.com.
- Log in with your Dynamics credentials.
- Select Azure Active Directory from the left-hand menu bar (this will make the directory 'blade' appear).
- Select App Registrations from the first column of options.
- Within the new window - select + New application registration.
- Fill out the form that will appear with the 'Name' = 'GeckoChat', select the 'Application Type' as 'Web app/API' and enter the following in your 'Sign-on URL' https://app.geckochat.io/#/login.
- Select Create at the bottom of your form.
- You will then be presented with the GeckoChat registered app window. Make sure to make a note of your Application ID (This is your App ID).
- Afterwards, select the Settings tab just underneath the title of the GeckoChat registered app window
- A new 'blade' will appear on the right-hand side, in it select Reply URLs.
- Add one of the below URLs in the list of Reply URLs based on your region below:
- Select Save.
- Select Required Permissions from the same menu and click +Add on the new 'blade' that appears.
- This will open a new section to the right, select Select an API and then pick Dynamics CRM Online from the list that appears.
- Once you have picked the Dynamics CRM Online option, click on the Select button at the bottom of your screen.
- This will open a new window to provide access permissions.
- Click on the Delegate Permissions checkbox and then on the Select button at the bottom of your page.
- Click on the Done button that appears and a message should come up on the top right-hand side of your screen letting you know your settings have been updated.
- In the same settings menu (as the one that contained permissions and Reply URLs) navigate to Keys, which will open a new 'blade'.
- Create a new Key by entering 'GeckoChatKey' in the 'Description' field and select the 'Duration' dropdown and pick 'Never expires'.
- Click the Save button above and you should see the 'Value' field generate a string of random numbers and characters - make sure you make a note of this (this is your Password Key).
3. Setup the integration in GeckoChat.
Now that you have your:
- Dynamics Instance URL.
- App ID.
- Password Key.
(You should have taken note of those as you followed the above instructions)
- Login to GeckoChat.
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations
- Select Setup for the dynamics integration.
- Fill out the above credentials.
- Select Done.
- You will be redirected to an Azure Dynamics page to grant permission to GeckoChat, select Accept.
This is your integration now setup!
4. Mapping fields
Now that the integration is setup, you will be taken to your MS Dynamics integration page, where you are able to setup the different fields you would like to send information to.
- Click on the Add New button.
- Select the Module of the field you would like to integrate with.
- Pick the specific field.
- Select to either create a new field in GeckoChat or map to an existing one.
- (Based on your above option) select either the GeckoChat field or pick the type of new field you would like to create.
- Select Save.
Repeat this for each field you would like to populate in Dynamics and you are done!
Any questions? Feel free to start a live chat with a member of our support team or explore the rest of our academy at your leisure.