This article covers integrating GeckoEngage with Microsoft Dynamics 365. Looking to integrate with an older version of Microsoft Dynamics? Check out our guide, here.
Users looking to integrate Dynamics with GeckoChat should click here.
- Obtain your Dynamics instance URL.
- This is the URL you visit in order to login to your Dynamics instance and is usually in this format: https://mycompany.crm123.dynamics.com (This is your Dynamics instance URL).
2. Register GeckoEngage as an authorised app for your Dynamics account.
- Go to https://portal.azure.com.
- Log in with your Dynamics credentials.
- Select Azure Active Directory from the left-hand menu bar (this will make the directory 'blade' appear).
- Select App Registrations from the first column of options.
- Within the new window - select + New application registration.
- Fill out the form that will appear with the 'Name' = 'GeckoEngage', select the 'Application Type' as 'Web app/API' and enter the following in your 'Sign-on URL' https://app.geckoform.com/#/login.
- Select Create at the bottom of your form.
- You will then be presented with the GeckoEngage registered app window. Make sure to make a note of your Application ID (This is your App ID).
Afterwards, select the Settings tab just underneath the title of the GeckoEngage registered app window
- A new 'blade' will appear on the right-hand side, in it select Reply URLs.
- Add the below URLs in the list of Reply URLs:
AND ONE OF THE BELOW (depending on your region):
- EU-based users - https://api-eu.geckoform.com/integrations/engage-dynamics/callback
- US-based users- https://api-useast1.geckoform.com/integrations/engage-dynamics/callback
- Select Save.
- Select Required Permissions from the same menu and click +Add on the new 'blade' that appears.
- This will open a new section to the right, select Select an API and then pick Dynamics CRM Online from the list that appears.
- Once you have picked the Dynamics CRM Online option, click on the Select button at the bottom of your screen.
- This will open a new window to provide access permissions.
- Click on the Delegate Permissions checkbox and then on the Select button at the bottom of your page.
- Click on the Done button that appears and a message should come up on the top right-hand side of your screen letting you know your settings have been updated.
- In the same settings menu (as the one that contained permissions and Reply URLs) navigate to Keys, which will open a new 'blade'.
- Create a new Key by entering 'GeckoEngageKey' in the 'Description' field and select the 'Duration' dropdown and pick 'Never expires'.
- Click the Save button above and you should see the 'Value' field generate a string of random numbers and characters - make sure you make a note of this (this is your Password Key).
3. Setup the integration in GeckoEngage.
First, a quick check-list. Make sure you have the following available to you before proceeding:
- Dynamics Instance URL.
- App ID.
- Password Key.
Once you have these details head back to Gecko:
- Login to GeckoEngage.
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations > +New Integration
- Set the integration type to Dynamics and fill in the details you've collected from Dynamics.
- Click Connect with Dynamics.
- You will be redirected to an Azure Dynamics page to grant permission to GeckoForms, select Accept.
You'll now be redirected back to the Integrations page of Gecko. All that's left for you to do is to map out your new integration.
Any questions? Feel free to start a live chat with a member of our support team or explore the rest of our academy at your leisure.